When I was very young, one fine day my dad suddenly told us, me and two sisters, to get ready for a music lesson. Other family kids are good in at least one kind of music instrument so we should catch up. I was excited about the Piano lesson imagining that one day we could perform in front of a congregation during church services.
We started off with some theory and writing of music language. It was fun initially, but after a few lessons, my second elder sister began to feel boring. She was naturally a lazy lady! She felt that it was already too much for a princess to suffer in the school and wonder why must her father being so cruel to burden her yet another boring subject. She didn’t do well and could not catch up and sometimes forgot the previous lesson completely. She tried very hard to enlighten my father that he was actually wasting his money for this... The learning progress almost come to a stagnation. She finally quited. Elder sister and I stayed on until we finished the theory part.
Thereafter, since we didn't have a piano at home, we instead need to go to teacher's house to continue the practical part. Eldest sister quited as she barely cope with her study in school. I was all alone left in this music journey. The teacher wasn't a full time professional and when she was busy with other things, the schedule changed accordingly. Due to lack of motivation, i soon lost my interest too and quited. This marked the end of the family's music pursue.
I regretted that i didn't hold on to complete the piano lesson. Nevertheless, i have grown passion for piano music and over the years I find myself easily attracted to music enthusiast :p
I remember I told my father :"Dad, i think i wanna stop piano, no fun anymore"
Father:"You sure? ok... " then he was murmuring how to tell the teacher this because it was quite a shame thing that all his children, one by one failed in music. I knew it was not his idea in the first place to bring us to the world of music. He must have got the influence from his friends or his siblings...
Father:"You sure? ok... " then he was murmuring how to tell the teacher this because it was quite a shame thing that all his children, one by one failed in music. I knew it was not his idea in the first place to bring us to the world of music. He must have got the influence from his friends or his siblings...
Yesterday afternoon when i was browsing i notice someone is looking for Violin and Japanese teacher. Without a second thought i emailed him and offer a help. I know a violin teacher that i would like to introduce to him. I msn my violinist friend and arrange for a further discussion.I really hope that he can somehow take up the lesson because i didn't make it. I know i was 唐突 but hope he didn't take this as a scam cos i am really sincere to help.
Sometimes i thought if my dad could help just a little bit more than just paying money for the lessons...However, it does not take long for me to realize that the real reason that i can't play piano today is simply because i don't have the enough

12 comments:
i still remember my mum asked me one day, while still a kid, "do you want to learn piano or computer?".. my answer was "computer".. kind of regretted about my choice, now that i'm working in IT line and am using a computer almost every minute - i'm dreaming myself to play very well piano.. sarcastic heh??
Well i think you made a great choice! I am sure computer has helped you much in your study and career. We can always pick up Piano anytime as long as the passion is still with us just that my talent really limit me from going far :(
A wealthy living family determines its children's capability, money could turn a zero knowledge kid into a professional man over years.
No money? Everything talk later!
I catergorized myself in point number 2.
No doubt, money buys chances, provides better start point in education system. But,wealth may not always be conducive in nurturing good personality like you! I am sure you are rich in love, appreciation and friends that make you on top of the category 1 :)
Maxk: My case more or less same as u, learnt until Grade 5 then stopped. Now almost 10 years didn't touch piano, dunno still can play or not. Think forgot most of the things oredi. :p
It takes lots of efforts and talent to reach Grade 5! Glad to know you play piano, gee... i can't, envy...
原来最有气质的人,是你!:P
可惜啊,你没有继续了,否则的话,LAM死好多好多人啊!
Fookong:
哈,套到啦!在你的BLOG留下[氣質]兩個字的用意就是要你抛過來,哈哈。開玩笑啦,你會吹貝斯,音樂氣質怎樣也勝于我。
maxk兄:
哈哈哈,真的不够你玩啊!什么套到了。。哈哈哈哈!其实,气质是从内散发出来的,就算不会乐器,也能够持续发酵。
我呢,你也知道啦,人老了,就想学回一些东西,最近又密谋吹FLUTE。以前我吹过中国箫,所以,想要PICK up 回以前的音乐细胞。
你呢,要不要重学会钢琴,只要有心,什么都可以的!
好啊!學會了吹笛以後就是東邪阿江了!
鋼琴暫時是沒什麽想法計劃,資質時間都有限,但是還是希望有機會的話再努力努力。。。
吹我也行啊,而且还吹得不错。某些朋友听了后还赞赏我呢!
不是别的, 正是 “吹牛” 也!
依个程咬金EDWARD仔,什么都有你份,你除左吹牛犀利之外,你仲识吹水吹BIBI吹笛打吹得大家涨啊!
Post a Comment