Monday, March 3, 2008

Marriage Registration Manual

On the way to office, my assistant verbally asked permission for 18 days leave.

Why? I could only approve 14 days max, you know that, I said to her.

I need more to prepare for my wedding in April, gown, restaurant, invitation, so many things… she said.

I thought you have done all that during your last home passage leave, I asked.

No, nothing much done, only registration, she explained while took a paper out and handed to me, here you are, I don’t need it anymore, you should keep it.

Marriage Registration Manual – Klang Hokkien Association.

(1) Get a Form

(2) Fill the Form

(3) Swearing to Magistrate

(4) Submit Form and make a copy

(5) Fix a wedding date

(6) Register on the date fixed

(7) Done! You are married!

I always thought the registration is to be done in government office, only now I know that Hokkien Association provides such nice service too.


No comments: