Monday, September 22, 2008

I Am Back

17-Sep-08

Thing is cheap for a reason, for instance cousin bought me RM12 Nokia battery is dead after 3 months. “It is fake” the shop keeper in KL Sentral told me. “I know.”

Spend RM64 to buy an original battery. But Sim card failed to register. I seldom use the prepaid number and it’s been quite some time I didn’t top up the credit and believe it is now de-registered. Damnit Maxis, that’s means I lost all my contacts in Malaysia. It is terrible to know that you are disconnected from the world. Without hesitation, I walk over to another booth and pick my new number, this time around, I go for Digi, to protest against Maxis!

* * * * *

Where you going?

To X, near Y, just in front, not very far.

Ok, I know. Come on in. He went on and pressed the meter.

I hopped in the TAXI. This is a very pleasant experience with our Malaysia Taxi driver. I used to have very bad time bargaining the fee with them and most of the time do not how much to close the deal. I am glad that this Chinese driver make it so easy for me.

Just back from overseas?

Yes.

Very hard to get business now.

Excuse me, what?

(In Cantonese) More taxi but fewer passengers. Hard to make money with meter. Where you come from?

I like you for using the meter. I will only choose those using meter. From north.

(In Hokkian) Oh, then you must able to speak in Hokkian. I understand you passenger like meter taxi, that’s why I use meter to make you happy. If you are happy, sure you don’t mind paying me rm2 more right?

….. yes, I don’t mind if you use meter.

* * * * *

SMS ringing…

It is a strange thing to receive a sms from somebody today because after getting my new number, I told my contact to only one friend who is now with me. No one else knows my new number. Not even I have told my parents about my new number yet.

“Hi, are you plu?”

“Who are you? What is plu?”

“you don’t know plu?”

“How did you get my number?”

“Sorry, I passed by when you were getting Digi number and I jotted it down. Do you have msn?”

*Holy wow! *

4 comments:

E.T said...

wow... the last incident u post was a "wow Wow" for me too! i dont know should i say that is "impressive" or should i say that is "scary"??? !!! Ha Ha Ha...

2010 said...

It was scary...

Edward Tay said...

2 posibilities, either u are very obvious to tell, or u are too cool to resist by others. :)

2010 said...

neither the above for very sure. just someone got nothing better to do after dinner.